PRESENTATION OF THE NETWORK
The Presidents of the Supreme Judicial Courts of the Member States of the European Union decided to form an Association whose Constituent Assembly was held on March 10, 2004 at the French Cour de cassation with the financial support of the European Commission (AGIS program).
The Network of the Presidents provides a forum through which European institutions are given an opportunity to request the opinions of Supreme Courts and to bring them closer by encouraging discussion and the exchange of ideas. The members gather for colloquiums to discuss matters of common interest.
Common Portal of Jurisprudence, an access to case law databases jurisprudence
The Network has developed with the financial support of the European Commission a Common Portal of jurisprudence which allow its members to search in national case law databases.
The Presidents of the Supreme courts of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and United Kingdom have been admitted as associate members.
The Presidents of the Supreme courts of Albania, Montenegro and Ukraine have been admitted as observers.
The Presidents of the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights are invited to participate in the general assemblies and colloquia of the Network.
The Members of the Board are:
- Ms. Bettina Limperg, President of the Federal Court of Justice of Germany (Bundesgerichtshof)
Members of the Board
- Mr. Donal O’Donnell, Chief Justice of Ireland
- Mr. Damijan Florjančič, President of the Supreme Court of Slovenia
- Mr. Pietro Curzio, First President of the Supreme Court of Italy
- Ms. Dineke de Groot, President of the Supreme Court of the Netherlands
- Mr. Antonis R. Liatsos, President of the Supreme Court of Cyprus
- Ms. Beatrijs Deconinck, First President of the Cour de cassation of Belgium
- Mr. Villu Kõve, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Estonia
- Mr. Anders Eka, President of the Supreme Court of Sweden
- Mr. Petr Angyalossy, President of the Supreme Court of the Czech Republic
- Mr. Ján Šikuta, President of the Supreme Court of Slovakia
- Mr. Dominique Hascher, Judge, French Cour de cassation